Paradox Interactive has announced a release date for Stellaris’ next expansion titled “Overlord,” and it’s coming soon.
Paradox Interactive has announced a release date for the next Stellaris expansion titled “Overlord”.
The expansion, which was announced in March, will launch on PC on May 12, 2022.
We also know it will be priced at $19.99 / £15.49 / €19.99 depending on where you live.
The announcement comes with a dedicated trailer to set the mood, and you can watch it below.
Here is how Paradox describes Overlord:
Accomplish your Great Purpose
Overlord, a complete new expansion for Stellaris, provides access to new features designed to unlock the next level of your empire. Guide a galaxy full of potential subjects to glory – or subjugation. New mechanics provide plenty of ways to specialize the roles of your vassals within your empire, bring new planets and subjects under your rule, and beautiful new megastructures to project your power further, faster.
Whether you rule the galaxy from the deck of your flagship or from the opulent capital of your beautiful homeworld, Overlord will grant you the following leadership benefits:
Leaders set the rules:
· New vassal mechanics allow you to define the role of your new subjects – create new specialized empires to become economic superpowers, military specialists and technological creators. Negotiate or demand contracts and agreements between your vassals to define the future of dozens of worlds and reap the benefits!
A united galaxy (under you):
· Seek and unite empires scattered across the stars! As you explore the vast galaxy, you’ll encounter more unique enclaves of people, from mysterious shroud walkers to militaristic mercenaries and cunning scavengers. Will you forge a mutually beneficial relationship and earn their unique services, or will they submit to your domination by force?
Five new origins for Lord Over:
Imperial Stronghold – You may just be a specialist empire now, but one day the galaxy may need a new ruler…shouldn’t that be you? Slingshot to the Stars – The crumbling remains of a quantum catapult have been discovered near your homeworld – what secrets could it reveal if your employees are smart enough to bring it back online?
· Subterranean – Your species has adapted to subterranean life, excelling in mining and archeology. See what awaits you far, far above the surface!
· Shroud Teachers – By developing contact with the curious psions known as Shroudwalkers, your empire has learned a thing or two about expanding their minds!
· Progenitor Hive – Under your leadership, this hive mind empire can achieve more than ever before… but without your guidance, the hive will crumble!
Stellaris is currently available for PC, Xbox, and PS4, but consoles usually get expansions later.