As April draws to a close, a new set of things to do in Pokemon GO rapidly approaching. You’ll be able to take on a whole new series of quests and things to do, and earn plenty of new rewards to wrap up the month with the latest Special Research story. A mega moment.
But what can you do and what should you do? You will be able to take care of a few small things to conclude this quest which started on April 28 and ends May 1 at 8:00 p.m. local time. Let’s take a look at all the new and exciting things you can do!
Pokemon Go – A Mega Moment Research Story
There are four different things you can do for this research storyand you will receive rewards for each completed:
A mega moment 1/4
- Catch 3 Pokemon – Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
- Rewards – 500XP, 200 Stardust, 10 PokeBalls
After that you will have to choose Venusaur, Charizard or Blastoise. This will come into play for the rest of your tasks. We will choose Blastoise to illustrate what we mean.
A mega moment 2/4
- Catch 5 Pokemon – 10 PokeBalls
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon – 10 Great Balls
- Power up Pokemon 5 times – 10 Razz Berries
- Rewards – 200 Blastoise Mega Energy, 1 Raid Pass, Blastoise Encounter
A mega moment 3/4
- Earn 5 hearts with your buddy – 50 Blastoise Mega Energy
- Power up Pokemon 10 times – 50 Blastoise Mega Energy
- Mega Evolve a Blastoise – 1 Charged TM
- Rewards – 1000XP, 600 Stardust, 100 Blastoise Mega Energy
A mega moment 4/4
- Win a raid – 6 rerolls
- Defeat a Team Go Rocket Grunt – 2 Silver Pinap Berries
- Take a snapshot of your buddy – 6 Potions
- Rewards – 2000XP, 1500 Stardust, 100 Blastoise Mega Energy
You’ll earn a good amount of rewards by completing fairly easy quests, so getting out there and taking care of all that should be a breeze! You’ll also have the chance to get your hands on Pokémon that can Mega Evolution easier during the period of From April 29 at 10:00 a.m. to May 1 at 8:00 p.m. local timebecause this event will take place during this period.
You will also find Mega Kangaskhan Raids are available on May 1 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time, which will let you try to shoot down a Mega Kangaskhan. You can get up until 5 Free Raid Passes at Gymsas well as an increase Shining odds for Kangaskahn in nature.
Pokemon that are currently capable of Mega Evolve are Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Slowpoke, Gastly, Mareep, Buneary, and Snover. However, you will need to evolve them before they can take full advantage of Mega Evolution.
Fill some small Field research tasks will also give you Mega Energy for random Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, with Power up a Pokemon 5 times giving you 25 mega energy, and Power up a Pokemon 10 times giving you 70 mega energy.
Pokemon Go is available on all mobile devices.