MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell Returns to Twitter After Permanent Ban

  • MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell joined Twitter on Sunday after being permanently banned in 2021.
  • The account is currently unverified and includes a video of Lindell urging users to follow him.
  • Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment on whether the account defies existing policies.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell returned to Twitter on Sunday after the executive was permanently banned from the platform in 2021 for spreading election-related conspiracy theories.

“Hi everyone, I’M BACK ON TWITTER. My only account is @MikeJLindell! Please RT and FOLLOW to SPREAD THE WORD,” Lindell wrote in a tweet shared on Sunday afternoon.

Although the account is currently unverified, the announcement includes a self-recorded video of Lindell urging Twitter users to follow him and warning against copycats.

“All these others are fake accounts and they use my name, so we created this account,” he said in the video. “Please share with everyone you know, let everyone you know know, so we can spread the word on Twitter in case they take it down. Thank you so much for your help.”

Twitter did not immediately respond to Insider’s request to comment on the account and whether it was tolerated by the company. However, several Twitter users responded by pointing out the platform’s ban evasion policy, which states on his website it prohibits “attempts to circumvent pre-execution, including by creating new accounts”.

While details surrounding Lindell’s return to Twitter remain unknown, it comes just a week after Elon Musk bought the social platform for $44 billion, a takeover rife with speculation that the billionaire plans to change policies to ease moderation in favor of increased freedom of expression.

Lindell was one of several high-profile figures who were permanently banned for spreading misinformation related to the 2020 election, following the suspension of former President Donald Trump in January 2021. YouTube and


Vimeo

also removed Lindell’s two-hour film about the election, “Absolute Proof,” from their platforms.

According to a recent report from the Wall Street Journal, Musk is dismayed that Trump is still banned from the platform, despite the former president previously saying he has no plans to return to the site.

“I hope Elon buys Twitter because he’s going to improve it and he’s a good man, but I’m going to stick with TRUTH,” Trump told Fox News.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.