When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
- The first round of the 2022 NBA playoffs begins on April 16 after the play-in tournament.
- NBA playoff games will be shown on TNT, ESPN, ABC and NBA TV.
- You can stream playoff games without cable using services like YouTubeTV and Sling TV.
The 2022 NBA playoffs began with a play-in tournament on April 12. After the conclusion of the play-in tournament on April 15, the first round of the NBA playoffs will officially begin on April 16.
The Phoenix Suns enter the playoffs as favorites to win this year’s NBA title after losing to Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks in last year’s NBA Finals. The Miami Heat are the top seed in the Eastern Conference, led by newly acquired guard Kyle Lowry and a core that made the 2020 NBA Finals.
NBA playoff games are streamed across TNT, ESPN, ABC and NBA TV. If you don’t have cable, you can watch these channels via Live TV
services like YouTube TV.
Below, we’ve detailed everything you need to know about streaming the NBA playoffs without a cable subscription.
How to watch the 2022 NBA playoffs
You can watch the 2022 NBA playoffs on ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. Select games will be spread across these channels throughout the playoffs. ABC will also broadcast the NBA Finals.
If you already have a pay-TV provider with access to these channels, you can stream each station’s NBA content through their respective apps. A separate NBA TV subscription is also available if you want to subscribe to this service alone.
If you don’t have a cable or satellite subscription, you can sign up for a live TV streaming service with access to TNT, ABC, ESPN, and NBA TV to watch NBA playoff games. Services with packages that support NBA games from all four channels include Sling TV and YouTube TV.
Sling TV offers ESPN and TNT as part of its Orange package for $35 per month. Sling does not include ABC, but NBA games aired on that network are usually simulcast on ESPN3, which is included with Sling. You can also add the Sports Extra package to get NBA TV for an extra $11 per month.
New Sling subscribers can get their first month of service 50% off, helping to make Sling one of the cheapest options for streaming the NBA playoffs.
YouTubeTV includes ABC, ESPN, TNT, and NBA TV as part of its basic plan for $65 per month, providing full access to all major channels that show NBA playoff games. For a limited time, new subscribers can get their first month for just $15.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV has ESPN, TNT and ABC for $70 per month. NBA TV is not offered, however, which could be a problem for fans who want to watch as many playoff games as possible.
On the positive side,
+ Live TV lets you watch Hulu’s entire library of on-demand shows and movies, and the service even bundles Disney Plus and ESPN+ at no extra cost.
NBA League Pass lets you stream NBA TV games and playoff replays
NBA League Pass lets you stream scheduled playoff games live on NBA TV, and the service also lets you watch playoff replays from ESPN and TNT three hours after they air.
You’ll also have access to a huge library of classic NBA games and NBA TV content. League Pass costs $15 per month, so it’s an affordable option if you don’t need to watch every NBA playoff game live.
2022 NBA playoff schedule
The 2022 NBA playoffs officially begin April 16 with four games. Below, we’ve rounded up the schedule details for the first week of NBA playoff games. We’ll update this article with new schedule details as the playoffs continue.
- Utah Jazz at Dallas Mavericks, 1 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Minnesota Timberwolves at Memphis Grizzlies, 3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Toronto Raptors vs. Philadelphia 76ers, 6 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Denver Nuggets at Golden State Warriors, 8:30 p.m. ET, ABC
- TBD at Miami Heat, 1 p.m. ET, TNT
- Brooklyn Nets at Boston Celtics, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC
- Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks, 6:30 p.m. ET, TNT
- TBD at Phoenix Suns, 9 p.m. ET, TNT
- Toronto Raptors vs. Philadelphia 76ers, 7:30 p.m. ET, TNT
- Utah Jazz at Dallas Mavericks, 8:30 p.m. ET, NBA TV
- Golden State Warriors vs. Denver Nuggets, 10 p.m. ET, TNT
- TBD Miami Heat, TBD, TBD
- Minnesota Timberwolves at Memphis Grizzlies, TBD, TBD
- TBD at Phoenix Suns, 10 p.m. ET, TNT
- Brooklyn Nets at Boston Celtics, 7 p.m. ET, TNT
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Toronto Raptors, 8 p.m. ET, NBA TV
- Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Minnesota Timberwolves, 7:30 p.m. ET, TNT
- Dallas Mavericks at Utah Jazz, 9 p.m. ET, NBA TV
- Golden State Warriors at Denver Nuggets, 10 p.m. ET, TNT
NBA 2022 playoffs: key dates
The 2021-22 NBA playoffs began on April 12. Here is an overview of the remaining key dates:
- April 15 — Play-in tournament ends
- April 16 – The NBA playoffs officially begin
- June 2 – NBA Finals start
- July 19 – NBA Finals Game Seven, if needed
- June 23 – NBA Draft