- You can clear Discord’s cache on your Mac or PC by deleting the dedicated “Cache” folder.
- On an Android device, you can clear Discord’s cache through the Settings app.
- On an iPhone or iPad, the only way to clear Discord’s cache is to offload or delete the app.
If you are active
server, chances are you’ll see dozens or even hundreds of messages a day. And it’s only one server – imagine all the images, links and memes being fetched from all of them.
Each version of the Discord app keeps much of this saved data in a
folder, and if it gets too big, your app and device may slow down. Luckily, you can clear the cache in moments.
How to Clear Discord Cache on PC
On a Windows PC, you will need to find Discord’s “appdata” location. This is where Windows keeps much of the core code and resources Discord needs to run – and it’s also where the cache resides.
Be sure to close Discord before doing this.
1. Close Discord, then open the search menu on your PC and type %application data%. When the folder appears in your results, open it.
2. You will see a list of different apps. Open the discord case.
3. In this folder, you will need to find and delete three folders: Hidden, Cache of codesand GPU caching. You can do this by right-clicking them and selecting Delete, pressing Delete on your keyboard, or dragging them to the Trash.
Don’t worry about breaking Discord – the next time you open it, it will create those three folders again, but with nothing in them.
How to Clear Discord Cache on a Mac
In macOS, most applications keep their important data in a large repository called “Application Support”. This is where you will also find Discord’s cache.
1. Close Discord, then open any Finder window.
2. Click on To go at the top of the screen, then select Go to file… at the bottom of the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Type ~/Library/Application Support/discord and press To return to on your keyboard.
4. You will be taken to Discord’s Application Support folder, which is filled with different folders and files. Find and remove Hidden, Cache of codesand GPU caching folders, either by right-clicking and selecting Move to Trash, or by dragging them to the Trash.
The next time you open Discord, these folders will reappear with nothing inside.
How to Clear Discord Cache on Android
You will need to head to the Settings app on your Android device to clear caches.
1. Open the Settings app and tap Storageand then apps.
2. Scroll down the list until you find Discordand press it.
3. Press the Empty the cache option.
How to Clear Discord Cache on an iPhone or iPad
Unlike other devices, the only way to clear an app’s cache on an iPhone or iPad is to delete the app. You can do this in two ways: by unloading it or by deleting it.
Unloading an app will clear all of its temporary data (including cache) but will keep most of the app intact so you can quickly redownload it. Deleting the app deletes everything.
To offload or delete Discord:
1. Open the Settings app and tap Generaland then iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.
2. Wait for the app list to load, then find and tap Discord.
3. To select Download the app or Delete app.
If you just want to delete Discord, you can also do that from the home screen by holding your finger on the icon, selecting Delete appand then To delete.
Once you’ve removed Discord, feel free to reinstall it from the App Store.