Since Chapter 2, Season 5, NPCs have taken up residence in Fortnite landmarks, landmarks, and major hubs. A new season of Fortnite means a new population of NPCs to meet and greet – or sometimes defeat. On the island right out of the gate with Chapter 3 Season 2 are 24 NPCs ranging from returning heroes to brand new ones. Many of them offer unique weapons, perks like Storm Circle info, and items for sale, so aside from just filling out your collection, you’ll want to run into them all ASAP so you know where to find some of the best of Fortnite. game items. Here’s where to find all the Fortnite NPCs in Chapter 3, Season 2.
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 NPC locations
There are currently 24 NPCs on the island. While some are right where they were last season, many others are in new locations, or have never even been in the game as NPCs until now. As per usual, not all NPCs are available every turn. Some groups of NPCs come and go in places like Camp Cuddle and The Joneses, for example. We’ve clearly marked which ones will be harder to find due to varying spawn rates. Use our map below to help you locate all NPCs for related challenges and items, and to read their lore-rich dialogue.
- The Origin – At the northern end of the Sanctuary
- The Imagined – Can be found in any of the seven outposts
- The Visitor – At Launchpad, northeast of the shrine
- The Scientist – In the Synapse Station Garage
- Agent Jones – Can be found in any of the seven outposts
- The Foundation – Patrol the south-central region of Sanctuary
- Bunker Jones – In the Jones; not present at every turn
- Ludwig – In The Joneses; not present at every turn
- Brainiac – Walk on a dirt road west of The Joneses; not present at every turn
- Mullet Marauder – In the Joneses; not present at every turn
- Jonesy the First – in the Joneses; not present at every turn
- Cuddle Team Leader – At Camp Cuddle, inside the northernmost cabin near the wooden bridge
- Metal Squad Leader – At Camp Cuddle, inside the Metal Cabin; not present at every turn
- Cuddlepool – At Camp Cuddle, inside the red shack; not present at every turn
- Quackling – At Camp Cuddle, inside the yellow cabin; not present at every turn
- Guaco – In Greasy Grove, hidden in the attic of a yellow house
- Lil Whip – At Coney Crossroads, hiding in a room in a white house
- Bao Bros – In Condo Canyon, hidden in a motel
- Tomatohead – In Tilted Towers, hiding in a large building near the soccer field
- Mancake – In Rocky Reels, hidden under the movie screen
- Peely – In The Daily Bugle, hidden in the newspaper’s central office
- Gunnar – Inside Command Cavern patrolling at ground level; hostile
- Huntmaster Saber – Inside the airship flying above Command Cavern; hostile
- Doctor Slone – The Fortress, patrolling outside the massive drill
The reason so many NPCs are in hiding is because they are part of the Resistance, the group of loopers who have taken up arms to hunt down the Imaginary Order. These heroic NPCs have formed makeshift operation stations with Seven technology in small, easy-to-miss rooms where the IO will hopefully not find them.
Also note which NPCs are hostile, as they will shoot you on sight. However, this also means that they each drop Mythic Weapons, which are unique and can only be equipped by one person at a time, as there are no duplicates. As for NPCs in The Joneses or Camp Cuddle, remember that not all of them will spawn every turn.
At The Joneses, you’ll usually be missing one or two versions of Jones each turn, while at Camp Cuddle only one of three NPCs in small, colorful cabins will appear each turn – alongside the ubiquitous Cuddle Team Leader – so you will have to pass several times until you meet everyone. Agent Jones and The Imagined, meanwhile, both spawn in any Seven Outpost, though they don’t appear to spawn in the same location during the same turn, so this look requires some luck.
As more NPCs arrive on the island this season, we’ll update our roster and map so you can meet them quickly and refill your collection book. For more on Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2, check out our guide to new weapons, map changes, and the battle pass.
GameSpot may earn a commission on retail offers.