- Several officials texted Mark Meadows on Jan. 6, a House committee investigation found.
- Many have called on Meadows to address the ongoing situation on Capitol Hill, with some pleading with Trump to condemn the riots.
- Insider has compiled a list of texts sent to Meadows during the uprising.
Republican lawmakers, Trump officials and Fox News hosts picked up their phones on the day of the Jan. 6, 2021, uprising, frantically messaging Chief of Staff Mark Meadows in hopes of getting the situation under control — all according to textual records provided by Meadows itself.
Meadows turned over thousands of texts to the select committee of the United States House of Representatives to investigate the January 6 attack on the United States Capitol.
Insider has compiled the recent trove of texts obtained by CNN as well as texts leaked in December by Rep. Liz Cheney, vice chair of the Investigative Committee, that tell a story about what happened on that now infamous day.
Donald Trump Jr.
- He needs to condemn this shit ASAP. The Capitol Police tweet is not enough.
- We need an oval address. He must lead now. It went too far and got out of hand.
- He must condemn [sic] this shit. As quickly as possible. Capitol [sic] the police tweet is not enough.
- It’s his [sic] the one you go on the mattresses. They’ll try to fuck his whole legacy over it if it gets worse.
Representative Marjorie Taylor-GreeneGeorgia
- Mark, I was just told there is an active shooter on the first floor of the capitol, please tell the president to calm people down, that’s not the way to solve anything.
- Mark, we don’t think these attackers are our people. We believe they are Antifa. Dressed as Trump supporters.
Jared Kushner (to Mark Meadows, Jason Miller and Dan Scavino)
- Why not post on his Facebook page since he is not locked up there…
Rep. Chip Roy, Texas
- It’s a shit show
- Fix that now.
Sean Hannity, Fox News host
- Can he make a statement?…Ask people to leave the Capitol
- Guys, we have a clear path to land the plane in 9 days. He can no longer mention the elections. Already. I didn’t have a good call with him today. And worse, I’m not sure what else is left to do or say, and I don’t like not knowing if it’s really understood. Ideas ?
Laura IngrahamFox News host
- Mark, the president needs to tell the people on Capitol Hill to go home. It hurts all of us…it destroys his legacy.
Brian KilmeadeFox News host
- Please put it on TV. Destroy everything you’ve done.
Reince Priebus, former White House chief of staff
Jake Shermanfounder of Punchbowl News
- do something for us
- We are besieged in the cpaitol [sic]
- There’s an armed standoff at the bedroom door of the house
- We are all helpless
Rep. Barry Loudermilk, Georgia
- It’s really bad here on the hill.
- They pierced the Capitol.
- Thank you. It does not help our cause.
Mick Mulvaney, former White House chief of staff for President Trump
- Mark: He has to stop this now. Can I do something to help?
Representative William Timmons, South Carolina
- The president needs to stop this ASAP
Jason Miller, Chief Trump Spokesperson for the 2016 Trump Campaign (to Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino)
- Call me crazy, but ideas for two tweets from POTUS: 1) Bad apples, probably ANTIFA or other crazed leftists, have infiltrated today’s peaceful protest against fraudulent vote counting. Violence is never acceptable! MAGA supporters embrace our policing and the rule of law and should leave the Capitol now! 2) The fake media that encouraged violent and radical riots this summer are now trying to blame peaceful and innocent MAGA supporters for violent actions. It’s not who we are! Our people should go home and let the criminals suffer the consequences!
Rep. Louie Gohmert, Texas
- Cap police told me last night that they had been warned that today there would be a lot of Antifa in red Trump shirts and hats and they would probably turn violent. It’s good that Trump denounces the violence but could add and well ask for justice for those who have become violent and well know what group they are with.